Thursday, October 14, 2010

Men's Health Urbanathlon & Festival 2010



URBANATHLON [ur-buhn-ath-luhn] (n) - from the words urban (cities) + (dec)athlon (which is commonly used to combine a multi-disciplinary sports). It is a multi-stage of race that involves running, jumping, crawling, skipping, climbing and having a lot fun being held in the metro.(lolo's definition few minutes ago).

October 11, 1415h. I received a message from a good friend, Argo  that he endorsed me to Georgia of Summit Media to be part of the Men's Health Urbanthlon 2010 Bloggers' night. I was surprised because I have never attempted to write anything about the upcoming race events neither promote my blog. I seldom sync it in my fb account

October 11, 1746h. Got an email to confirm my attendance, nice! free race kit baby. It made me sing, And I say, "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight." - Eric Clapton.

October 13, 1900h. The bloggers' conference dinner was held at Itallani's BHS at The Fort. Great to see my fellow runner friends which I haven't seen for a month. Crossed-over w/ Ms. Donna Fuentes, project manager of the said event, which I learned that she was my high school-mate. Wow, I am mr. popular, aren't I?.

The EVENT

I registered for a 5k race last year but failed to join as I got an emergency call from the office. Heard great reviews from my friends who joined the race. Now, it's time for me to experience it.
men's health urbanathlon 2010
Men's Health Urbanathlon & Festival is an International event of Men's Health Magazine held annually. A city-based multi-disciplinary race for intermediate runners, crossing different obstacles with different intensity along the race course.

The event will be held on November 7, 2010, Sunday, 0500h at the Bonifacio Global City, Taguig with more than 1,000 expected participants.

According to summit media, media relations division, the Men's Health Urbanthlon 2010 added 3 (three) obstacles. These includes the Scaffolding Maze, Balance Beam and Tire Dump. Time penalties will be given to those who will skip the obstacle course.

Moreso, there will be a finishers medal for 10K race category.

Men's Health Philippines will also launch the Men's Health Coach bookazine in the said event.
men's health coach
REGISTRATION

Ready to take the challenge? Register NOW! Registration period is from September 28 - October 26, 2010. Registration fee for the all the race distance / category is Php500.00. Race kit includes the race bib, race shirt and Men's Health magazine
the race kit
You may visit the following registration centers:

ROX BHS
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
Tel. no. (02) 856-4638

360 Fitness Club
Ortigas Center, Pasig City.
Tel. no. (02) 577-7807

Summit Publishing Office
Robinsons Cybergate Tower 3 Robinsons Pioneer Complex,
Pioneer Street, Mandaluyong City
Trunkline: (02) 451-8888 local 1070/1071

For more information, visit  www.menshealth.com.ph/urbanathlon

See you folks!

*pictures courtesy of summit media

No comments: