Sunday, August 16, 2009

Kenny’s Open Urbanite ’09 Run

Kenny’s Open Urbanite ’09 Run
August 15, 2009
Fort Bonificio Global City, Taguig
Distance: 10K
Target time: 1hr 10mins

My first official 10K race, my initial PR to record and beat for my succeeding 10K runs. Gun start was set at 20:45h. I arrived on site around 19:50h and went directly to takbo.ph booth. There I met familiar and unfamiliar faces which I only recognized visually based on the avatar they have in the forum. Those I met previously and first time to meet.
It was a humid night. The race was well organized with sufficient water stations every 2.5K and visible marshals. Challenging race route surprised both the newbies and the pros. Upon reaching Km 7, McKinley hill, I had this side stitch which made me to slow down and walk. I slightly recovered in Lawton Ave. I controlled my pace until I reached the finish line. I was so happy and fulfilled finishing the race in 1:05:49hr earlier than my target time. I went back to takbo.ph booth, join the group and celebrate the victory with never ending class picture, salad, lechon and peanut butter. Also, I bought takbo.ph singlet, my 1st official.
We headed to New Orleans Steak in BHS for a dinner and RJ’s birthday party. Everybody went home with the loot bag, certificate and fun stories.

No comments: